How to install RMM Central on Microsoft Azure/AWS?
For managing computers using RMM Central at Microsoft Azure/AWS, the following pre-requisites need to be satisfied.
- Ensure that the instance meets the system requirements needed to install RMM Central.
- Ensure that the virtual machine's Public IP/DNS is not blocked by any firewall and is accessible to all client computers.
- Open the ports of RMM Central at Microsoft Azure/AWS Network Security Groups for smooth communication between the RMM Central server and the devices.
Note: If there is a change in default ports mentioned, make sure to update the open ports at Microsoft Azure/AWS.
- Ensure to increase the TCP timeout.
To increase the TCP timeout in Azure, follow the below steps.
- Login to Azure portal and select the machine in which the RMM Central server needs to be configured.
- Navigate to properties and select PUBLIC IP ADDRESS/DNS NAME LABEL.
- Increase the TCP timeout to a minimum of 10 minutes.
After purchasing your virtual machine from Microsoft Azure/AWS, you can install RMM Central in your virtual machine by following the steps given below.
- Remotely connect to your virtual machine.
- In that virtual machine, open your web browser.
- Download and install RMM Central Server.
- Post installation, save the NAT settings and restart the machine.
Note: Port details saved under NAT settings should be in public IP Address only.
You have now successfully installed the RMM Central server. To proceed further, you must install agent and probe on the devices you wish to manage/monitor. Click this link to know in detail about installing agents/probes.
Note: When you access the RMM Central using the virtual machine's public IP/DNS address, the virtual machine's public IP/DNS address changes when the machine is stopped/re-allocated. As RMM Central works on agent-server/probe-server model, it is recommended to use a Reserved IP address for uninterrupted communication between the server and the devices.
You have now successfully installed RMM Central on Microsoft Azure/AWS virtual machine.