Remote Desktop Software
A capable remote access tool goes a long way in assisting IT admins and making the troubleshooting process faster and more reliable. RMM Central is a unified endpoint management solution that gives you access to a plethora of remote access features:
- Multi monitor support: The remote machine might have more than a single active monitor. Upon establishing a remote connection, all the active monitors would be displayed.
- File transfer: Files can be transferred dynamically during the remote session, thereby, making it a productive one. Dependent files can either be added or removed while troubleshooting.
- Integrated chat: Procure real time data from the end user while troubleshooting and get your queries answered instantly.
- Blacken end user monitor and disable inputs:To resolve issues at a much faster pace, complete control over the computer might be essential without user intervention.
- The recorded remote sessions can be used for educational and auditing purposes. When you have new recruits in your organization, these recorded sessions can be handed over to them for training them.
- Secure end users' privacy: If compliance with HIPAA or PCI is a real concern, it's always recommended to get the user's permission before establishing a remote connection. This option to seek permission can be made permanent using RMM Central.
- Collaborative sessions: In case of assistance required while troubleshooting, one can approach people with expertise by collaborating with them during the session.
- Troubleshoot from your mobile device: Initiate remote sessions and troubleshoot computers from anywhere, any time using mobile devices.
What is Remote Desktop Software?
Remote Desktop Software is a tool that uses Virtual Network Computing (VNC) to allow one computer to remotely access and control another computer over an internet/network connection.
How does Remote Desktop Software Work?
Remote Desktop Software use a client-server model to connect to and control a computer remotely:
- Server: The server is the remote device which is being controlled.
- Client: The client is the local device used to control the server.
The server's UI is displayed on the client monitor which enables the client to control the server via keyboard and mouse inputs. These inputs are executed in the server's environment, and the UI is updated in the client's display accordingly.
Why is Remote Desktop Software used?
Remote desktop software is a tool that allows you to use the remote desktop feature seamlessly. It is mainly used for the following purposes:
- Troubleshooting: IT Admins are on the call 24/7 and a remote access tool helps them save time and effort by allowing them to fix issues remotely within a few minutes.
- Help Desk: Help Desk technicians' primary responsibiity is to resolve any issues that customers might face while using their product, and this more often than not involves taking remote control of their customers' devices.
- Work from home: People that work from home often need to remotely connect to and use their corporate device for various purposes.
- Personal use: You can remotely access a computer at your home when you're on the move, to access files/personal documents you may require urgently.